Experience the benefits of nonsurgical skin tightening with Ultherapy at Doctor 4 Diet
Ultherapy is a noninvasive procedure that uses an FDA-cleared device to tighten and lift loose skin. Dr. Julia Melamed offers this new procedure to fix sagging skin on your face and neck without surgery or downtime.
How does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound to activate the skin’s deep structural layers. When the Ultherapy device is passed over your skin, it uses concentrated ultrasonic energy to stimulate collagen production without disturbing the skin’s surface. This collagen boost causes your skin to gradually return to a tighter appearance.
- Pre-Treatment and Post-Treatment: 60 Days
- Pre-Treatment (6 Months Post Face Lift) and Post-Treatment: 90 Days
- Pre-Treatment and Post 2nd Treatment: 90 Days
Much like an ultrasound imaging device, Ultherapy projects an image of the affected area on a screen, helping Dr. Melamed precisely target the areas for your treatment.
Advantages of Ultherapy
Unlike surgical cosmetic skin treatments like face lift, Ultherapy will require:
- No preparation. You will not need to take any special measures before an Ultherapy session unless Dr. Melamed suggests a medication to improve your comfort.
- No downtime. You can immediately return to everyday activities after an Ultherapy procedure.
- No after-care. No action is needed after Ultherapy to ensure its effectiveness./li>
What to Expect from Ultherapy
Ultherapy sessions generally take between 30 and 60 minutes, though session lengths vary based on your treatment plan.
Dr. Melamed will proceed through your Ultherapy treatment by:
- Targeting areas for treatment and cleansing the skin.
- Applying ultrasound gel and the Ultherapy handpiece to your skin.
- Delivering ultrasonic energy to predetermined areas of deep skin tissue.
The ultrasonic energy used during Ultherapy can cause mild discomfort, but this sensation typically does not continue once the treatment session has ended. Each patient experiences a different comfort level during Ultherapy and Dr. Melamed will work diligently to make you as comfortable as possible.
Before treatment, Dr. Melamed will go over potential side effects, which may include:
- Flushed skin. This mild redness should last no longer than few hours.
- Swelling. Any minor swelling should subside within a few days.
- Tingling or sensitivity. Your skin may be tender for a few weeks after Ultherapy, but this sensation should fade.
- Bruising or numbness. These effects are uncommon and should be discussed with Dr. Melamed.
If these effects persist or worry you, or if you experience other side effects, contact Dr. Melamed immediately.
Is Ultherapy Right for Me?
Ultherapy’s non-surgical nature makes it appropriate for most adults who hope to maintain a youthful appearance without a face lift or other invasive options.
Ultherapy® as seen in…Allure, Self, Bazaar, and Vogue Magazine